Please read the following; Here at this field we have a flying schedule for GAS & GLOW Planes. Out of respect for our neighbors please follow these time lines.
GAS & GLOW FLYING SCHEDULE
MONDAY – 8:30 AM until 2:00 PM
TUESDAY – 8:30 AM until 1/2 hour before sunset
WEDNESDAY – NO FLYING OF GAS OR GLOW PLANES
THURSDAY – 8:30 until 1/2 hour before sunset
FRIDAY – NO FLYING OF GAS OR GLOW PLANES
SATURDAY – 8:30AM until 2:00PM
SUNDAY – 8:30AM until 2:00PM
ELECTRIC Power Airplanes may be flown at any time of day or night.
SIGNAL CHASERS FIELD RULES
These rules are in addition to the AMA safety code
- Be aware of and adhere to boundaries and NO-FLY areas on the field diagram.
- Always lock the gate behind you as you enter and leave the field.
- Test flying of a new or repaired airplane, shutdown all other flying until that flight is done.
- All Pilot’s vehicles should be parked even with the back of the shelter. NON-Flyers are to park on the opposite side of the gravel road from the pilot’s vehicles.
- All pitting should be on the stands provided or in line with them.
- Overflow fuel should be caught to save our grass.
- No taxiing through the line of pilot stations when other pilots are flying, both to and from the runways.
- Be aware of and give right of way to vehicles on the road. (e.g.During takeoffs and landings.)
- Running engines should never face people, the pavilion, or the pits.
- Pilots on the field line need to communicate… Especially communicate (YELL OUT) all intentions that include runway maneuvers (e.g. During Takeoffs, Landings, Low Passes, Dead Sticks, etc.)
- Test flying of a new or repaired airplane shutdown all other flying until that flight is done.
- All spectators are to be behind a line made by the front of the shelter unless accompanied by a Signal Chaser Member.